Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Milestones

So, We successfully stopped swaddling Lillian at night! Woo hoo! Even though this is a small milestone, it just feels like another hurdle over and accomplished! And last night she slept from 8-3:30, woke up and ate (a lot- like from both sides, whens he usually does just a side per feeding) and then went right back to sleep until 8:30!! It was so great. I actually woke up at 8am and went to go check on her. She had scooted herself all the way to the top of the crib haha :)
We're still waiting on her to roll over. I give her tummy time twice a day now. Usually it only lasts for 5 minutes, 10 at most. The past couple of days though she hasn't raised her head but just laid there and cooed/moaned for awhile. She does lift her feet a lot though. I still think it's going to be soon! Sometimes on her back she'll lift her feet up to play and rolls to the side and I think it takes her by surprise!
Some more new things lately: She's still kicking like crazy! She's now, also, cooing like crazy! I think she knows now that she can control it and so she does it a lot more. We're working on doing the "G" sound like goo and gaa. I think we're pretty close to that too. Lily has also been having more naps in her pack n play which is nice because it's a designated area for her to lay down in when I know she's going to nap. Otherwise she just naps wherever she currently is.
I feel like this blog is pretty boring but I know I'll look back 6 months from now and ready this and be like "oh man, I remember when she couldn't babble!" Or remembering how hard it was in the beginning when she wasn't sleeping through the night. If only I had started this when I was pregnant or when Lily was just born. It would be nice to look back 3 months ago and see all that has changed. But then I think of how sleep deprived and incoherent I was 3 months ago and realize I never could've kept up with a blog. It's a challenge now that I can only do after Lily has gone to bed at night (when I'm almost ready for bed myself at 8pm) or when she's napping (like now) and she usually wakes up when I'm halfway through.
I'm going to get together with Kim and Sarah again. The last time was pretty fun. Kim and I shared baby stories. It's cool to see Addison, who is 6 months, and what Lily will be doing soon compared to what Addison is learning now. Kim and Sarah went to the same HS so they did a lot of catching up, which is where I kind of got lost. But now that we got all that out of the way it'll be fun to see them again.
I find that I'm getting out and hanging out with more people these days. I try hard to keep up with everyone as much as I can but it's really my friends that prop me into doing things. Jill usually contacts me about hanging out...which makes me remember that I should get up with her and see when she wants to get together again. And Kim initiated the last meeting and this one tomorrow. Laura usually messages me when too many weeks go by without seeing each other. *sigh* This makes me realize that I need to get on the ball about messaging/calling people to hang out. I think I will go ahead and text Laura. New Moon comes out Saturday and I so desperately want to see it! I was "too" pregnant when it came out to sit in a movie theater for long periods. So I think I will buy it and Laura and I can watch it together with snackies and wine. (Text sent!)
Okay, Lily Snot Nose is up. Hopefully this stuffy nose will get gone asap!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment