Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, March 12, 2010

Big girl crib


So I had started my "labor post" the other day but I didn't have time to finish it since Lily woke up and I'm not in the mood to finish it now. It's saved so I'll finish it later. This picture was taken this week, 12 weeks. I was just snapping away and got this cute little one :) I just wish she was looking up!
So I'm thinking Lily has a cold. Or allergies. She has the snot nose and is constantly sneezing. Her behavior is still top notch though so at least she's not fussy and what not. She did throw up on me though. And let me tell you, the worst thing is being home alone and having your daughter throw up down your back and again down your front with a tummy full of milk. I had to just strip down, strip her down, sponge bathe her, dress her and then jump in the shower just to rinse off. Oh, the joys of motherhood...
I realized I never posted about moving Lily into her crib! Last weekend we decided to move Lily into her own room and have her sleep in her own crib. I knew it would be harder on me than on her. She adapts so well. I figured I would just miss being able to look over at her while sleeping just to know she's okay. Well, we did our normal bedtime routine (bath, lotion, dress, nurse, burp, swaddle) and then put her down. Lately she's been going to sleep anywhere between 7:30-9pm, usually around 8. But it just depends on how tired and fussy she is. Anyway, so she went to sleep just fine, we checked on her a few times, of course :) She didn't wake up until 3am!! I was so happy and relieved!
So now her normal routine is to go to sleep around 8, wake up around 2-3am, eat, go back down until 5-6am where then I usually bring her into bed with me to kick for little bit and then she usually goes back to sleep for 2 more hours. It's so awesome! So now we are spending much more time in her nursery playing, nursing (finally using my glider!), and using the custom made changing table my husband and friend made! I made my husband take the pack n play downstairs so she can nap in it down there now and I have so much more room in our room now! No obstacles to get to the bathroom anymore! It's been nicer and feels a lot more normal :) I love it!
This weekend, as long as Lily is feeling okay, we plan to try a couple of nights without the swaddleme blanket. She doesn't nap swaddled so I know she can sleep without being swaddled but I just hope she doesn't constantly wake up during the night. We originally went back to swaddling because she would kick and stretch her arms out and wake herself up constantly. So now that she's older we're hoping that has stopped. Only one way to find out!!! Wish us luck! I would love to not have to have her swaddled up all night. I'll be sure to post what happens when we try it out this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment