So I've been pretty busy lately. I had three birthday parties on Saturday. One was for a 3 year old, the next was for Laura, my best friend, and it was her 25th, and then I briefly stopped by a family friends at the end of the night to wish her a happy 50th birthday. It was a crazy long day. Lily was a bit overstimulated and fussy. She was a bit hard to get to sleep that night. This weekend we have my little brother Ryan's birthday to go to on Saturday and a family dinner on Sunday. Stacey's birthday is also this weekend but unfortunately she is stuck in VA Beach so I'm having to send her present.
Luckily she has still be following her own kind of schedule. We're still getting 4-6 hour stretches at night and really only waking once or twice the entire night. It's just so astonishing. The only bad thing is that now my body is getting used to longer stretches of sleep again so when she wakes up after only 4 hours of sleep, I'm super cranky, groggy and generally unhappy. Where as two weeks ago 4 hours would've left me well rested and happy! Crazy how things change.
I hate when I think about writing on this blog during the day (or worse, in the middle of the night while already trying to sleep) and then I get the time to finally sit down and write, mostly before bed when Lily is already down for the night, and I forget all I've wanted to say. Most of the time I want to vent about stuff and when I finally get around to writing it down, it doesn't seem all that significant.
For example, Sometimes in the middle of the night I want to yell at my husband. Now, not so much lately because I'm getting a lot more sleep, but back when I was only getting 1-1.5 hours at most (and honestly, sometimes still) I just want to yell "DO SOMETHING!" Because he can just sleep through her grunting and crying. Maybe because he knows I have to get up anyways and nurse her, because obviously he can't. But when we first came home from the hospital he would get up, change her and then give her to me to nurse. That was nice team work. Again, this goes with my "Mommyhood really is 24-7 work!" We don't get to just merrily sleep through our babies crying. Even if he got up to feed her a bottle, I would probably still get up. Then tonight, he's all loud getting out the dog food (random, I know) but I had just gotten Lily to sleep after going our little routine (which he does help with) starting with a bath, lotion, nursing, swaddle and then she's usually down. Anyway, he doesn't think about being quiet because HE doesn't have to work at getting her back to sleep if she were to wake up.
Okay. /vent. I don't want to get into more stuff because it will unlock a flood gate of stupid little things and then I will go to sleep feeling all angry and disgruntled.
Tomorrow Lily and I are going to see my friend Jill and her son Jake. It's so nice to have some friends with babies because no one my age, in my normal circle of friends, are married - let alone have kids. So I have expanded my circle and have hooked up with some girls that I was acquainted with but not really close to. Jill is such a sweetheart so it's a blessing that she contacted me when I became pregnant, offering her advice and support.Thursday night we are going over to Sarah's for dinner, wine and girl time with Kim and her daughter, Addison. Funny thing is, Sarah and Kim are both Dennis' friends from HS that I've stolen! I've only met Kim once, at a NCSU game but I remember her being very nice so I can't wait to spend time with her and get to know her better. And I'm super excited about meeting her adorable daughter as well - Maybe a new playmate for Lillian?
Alright I think it's time to get ready for bed, maybe do a little bit of reading and then I'm going down just as fast as Lily! Speaking of, here are some pictures I took of her the other day! I love them!!


No comments:
Post a Comment