Unlike yesterday. Yesterday was the first day I was counting down the minutes until my husband got home. I was miserable. I was irritable, yelling at the dog, yelling when Lily was yelling for god only knows what. I was spit up on a few times and needed a shower badly. But really, I just needed a few moments to myself. I felt bad for saying it but I really just needed to be away from Lily for 30 minutes to compose myself and get everything else back in order. Dennis came home and took over while I took a long shower. And I got my 30 minutes to myself. And then things were fantastic. A complete 180. I'm guessing Lily was maybe fussy because I was at my wits end and she could probably feel my stress.
Anyway, We had some good play time today, then she took a long 2 hour nap which always makes me happy! Then we ran some errands an then went to the library to visit their new playground. Obviously Lily can't do much there yet but it was so nice just to sit in the sun and watch the other kids. And Azy and her boy, Damien, met us out there for a little bit so that was also really nice. Then I came home and Dennis made dinner - fish tacos! We had a ice cold corona to go along with them. Then Lily went down for the night at 7:30 (She had been up since 2 with only two 15 minute naps!!) And I got to take a long hot bath with a cold beer and a good book. Not a bad way to start spring huh?
And tomorrow we're planning on going to Lake Lynn to walk around with Lily and maybe even bring a picnic. I walked around lake lynn a lot when I was pregnant to try and induce my labor haha so it'll be fun to go back there now with the baby :) I'm also going to be spending some time with Laura tomorrow. We're going to go buy New Moon and I can FINALLY watch it! It came out a week before my due date and there was no way I was going to sit through a movie at 9 months! I would've spent half of the movie in the bathroom peeing! So I'm pretty excited!
So that's all for now. I know, i know, nothing too exciting and no pictures to put up today. But I'll look back on this and say, I remember that day, and how awesome it was to sit in the sun after over 3 months of hibernating with a newborn :-)


No comments:
Post a Comment