Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, March 29, 2010

Random Tidbits


I have a feeling this entry is going to be a bit random and all over the place.

First off, Lily and I are on a bad sleep schedule. She's been going to be around 8/8:30 which is fine, and she's still waking up in the middle of the night - again, that's fine. I have no problem waking up to feed her in the middle of the night, in fact, my boobs prefer it! What I don't like is when she stays awake and thinks it's play time. I get so frustrated. I try to just leave her in her crib to go back to sleep on her own which works sometimes but sometimes she plays and "talks" and it just keeps me awake. Then, like this morning, she was up again at 7am (after we had been up from 3-4:30!) So I brought her into the room and set her in the boppy - again - and she finally fell back asleep close to 8 and then we slept until 11 again! It makes me feel so out of sorts!!
So, Dennis and I talked about it and we think it's because she's been taking a late afternoon nap. So today, we did a nap from 1-3 and that was her only nap throughout the day. I tried my hardest to keep her up for as long as she could. I got her ready for bed at 6:45 and she nursed until 7:15. The only downside to that is I had to keep waking her up to eat. And she really only ate for about 15 minutes, where usually before bed she'll eat for 20-30 minutes. So hopefully she'll sleep really good, because she was OUT when we put her down.

So Lillian has been flipping over onto her tummy a lot lately now that she can roll over. And today she went back to working on lifting her head. She was really good about lifting her head in the beginning and then she just stopped all of a sudden. Little did we know she was working on rolling from her back to tummy! So now that she's got that down she's back to working on her head. She's got great head control. I carry her around on my hip and her head is always up and not bobbling around. I think that helps her to work on building that muscle. Anyway, her first time doing tummy time today she lifted up on her arms and looked around! I was so amazed!! And the more and more she was doing it throughout the day, the closer to she was to flipping from tummy to back!! I think she will have THAT down in the a couple of weeks as well, if not this week!
She really, really wants to be mobile. And she can already kind of scoot around. She can definitely turn herself. We were doing the aforementioned tummy time and she scooted around 360 degrees!

On another note, I read her "The Giving Tree" today and that book is really depressing :( I think I knew this before but I like the moral behind it. But man, I felt kind of empty after reading it. So, I think we'll stick with "Green Eggs and Ham" for a little while :)

Today is my third day without breast pads! Hahah, random, I told you! But this would cut down some money spending, and it's a pain to put them on after a shower everyday. I'll probably have to wear them when I go out and that's fine. At least I don't have to wear them every single day. Still rocking the nursing tops and now I'm just sticking a burp cloth on the side I'm not using. Classy, right?

I think I had more to say but it's escaping me right now. I'll edit or add a new post if I need to...but now that Lily is down (Hopefully until the middle of the night feeding) I am going to pour a glass of wine and drink it in a hot bath while reading a good book :)

Here's two pictures of Lillian sleeping. She always sleeps with her hands behind her head like this :) It's SO stinkin' cute!! And the second one is from today's 2 hour nap ;)




EDIT: I remembered another thing I wanted to post, My little girl is starting to show more personality every day. She smiles and chuckles a lot for no reason (still no big belly laughs yet!) But man, can that girl DEMAND! When she's hungry and we're setting up to nurse she can scream when I take too long! My little princess is surely turning into a little diva!!

No comments:

Post a Comment