Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Amazing


I have a lot of pictures to post from our outing at the lake yesterday! It was SO nice to get out and walk together as a family, breathing in the fresh, spring air that was soaked with lovely sunshine. Not a cloud in the sky either! I'm glad we took advantage of it too because today is still kinda warm but cloudy. I have the windows open since I was cleaning and I can feel that temp has dropped a lot in the last couple of hours so it'll probably rain soon.
Mom is working 12 hours today at the hospital and Dennis had to go to Wilmington for his best friends dads funeral (Thinking about you today, Scott!!) So Lily and I had our house to ourselves. I was being pretty lazy until my moms friend came over and dropped off some dishes his family had borrowed. I then saw the house through his eyes and what a mess! It's a never ending cleanfest with a baby, 3 adults, a cat and a dog that sheds all the time. But I cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed and dusted downstairs, did 4 loads of laundry and still had time to play with Lily. Though most of the day she was AMAZING and played by herself on her play mat. I could hear her rattling her rattle and rings and then kicking her little wind chime toy. It was so nice to be able to get things done and not hover over her. I never did that when we first came home. I was always in the same room, always playing, singing, doing tummy time, etc. But today I put her toys around her and got to work - still in the same room but busy cleaning. It was a little bit freeing to know I could do that now and that she would still be happy and playing. And best of all, she's had three really good naps today at good times of the day. So I feel like today was a fantastic day!! :) Here's some pictures from yesterday, Enjoy!



Another amazing thing? I actually took care of myself yesterday. Got up, took a shower, dried my hair, put on make up, put on a nursing bra instead of nursing tank (that I have been living in for the past 3 months) and put on some jeans and tank top that I haven't been able to fit in since being pregnant. It felt wonderful! And I felt semi normal again and pretty :) So I should take some more time during the week to just pretty myself up every now and then.

1 comment:

  1. What a Pretty Baby Girl :)

    HAHA!!! I am just getting around to "getting pretty" again. I live in my nursing tanks too...and even wear them as cami's under low cut shirts.

    ReplyDelete