Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Leaps and Bounds

Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow! Okay, I should start from the beginning. Yesterday I was changing Lily into a sleeper (sleep n play outfit) and realized she could barely stretch her legs out. We have been saying how we will be needing to break out the 3 month old clothes anyways (She's 10 weeks and was still in only NB clothes.) Well at her 2 month check up she was 9lbs 1/2oz and 21.5 inches long. Anyway, so I tried on another nb outfit because they all run differently, same thing. So I got out a 3 month sleeper and put her in it. Of course it's huge on her but she can stretch her feet out and when she does she fills it, just not girth wise! So she can still be in NB onesies and such but only about 3 sleepers still fit.
So I spent this morning packing up all her nb sleepers including the one we brought her home in!! It's so crazy. I was about to type "crazy how fast they grow" but everyone told me not to buy nb clothes and so she hardly had any and look, she was in them for over 10 weeks!

Yesterday she was up pretty much all day. She woke up, ate and took a 2 hour nap which is normal. But other than that she fought having a nap. She maybe laid down a total of 30 minutes until 4pm. We talked, did tummy time, and a lot of kick time (she loves to kick!) Finally she got really fussy and after nursing and a lot of patting on the back, which she also loves, she fell asleep for only about an hour. Then she was back up and happy again. I'm guessing these are cat naps. So then after dinner she laid back down for awhile, probably an hour and a half and then I woke her up so I could change her diaper, feed her and put some lotion on (which is a new thing to do on off bath nights) and she was a bit fussy. Anyway, that prompted the whole new clothes thing. Then she stayed up and cooed and smiled a while bunch which was fantastic! Then she wanted to eat again and by 10pm she was down for the night for good.
And I mean for good! She didn't wake up until 3:30am which was 6 hours, SIX HOURS in between feedings. Now, first off, I am not a huge "why isn't my baby sleeping through the night" kinda gal. I think babies will do what their bodies need to do. So while I don't like getting up every 2 hours, I will do it because I know that's what she needs. So I was pretty happy that her body is now stretching out eating times at night (hopefully it wasn't just a fluke!) So THEN, she ate for 45 minutes! Then she cooed for awhile and after an hour awake I decided it was time to put her back in her pack n play, despite her being pretty awake. She stayed up for a little bit longer so I gave her a paci and then she was out at 5am. She didn't wake up until 9am! WOW. I even had to prod her to get up a little bit.
Crazy crazy crazy.
So this morning we ate, then I took her in the nursery, which we never enter into because there's not much to do in here since she's not sleeping in here yet. But I needed to go through her sleepers and pack those up to make room for the 3 month old clothes. So I let her do some tummy time, then just sit in her boppy and watch me. She then got fussy around 11am so I nursed her and then she started getting the sloooow blink ;) And so I decided to try out nap time in her crib. So now, she is currently sleeping in her crib!!! WOW Here's a picture of her sleeping in her crib, wearing 3 month old clothes (and a pretty good picture from my phone actually!)

It's all those little things that are so amazing these days and I LOVE IT! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment