Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

First

I always hate starting a new journal. I feel like I need to introduce myself, my family and my life. But maybe this time I won't. I will just start writing (eh, typing) and let my thoughts explain everything. Besides, this is mostly for me and mine and they already know everything they need to know about me.
Today we have no heat downstairs. It's 59 degrees down there and it sucks. The only reason I ventured down there was for sustenance (yep, I had to spell check that word.) Lily and I are camped out in the bedroom, in bed. It's about 80 degrees in here because the durn draft from downstairs is kicking the heat on up here. But I'd rather us be warm and in short sleeves (or onesies) than freezing. Our nice heater guy came out today, super fast, and looked at the heater. He said it's some fan that's broken and he has to find the part and come back *hopefully* tomorrow to fix it if the part is in stock. So I will not be going downstairs - except for food.
Lily has her 2 month check up tomorrow. Here is a picture of her that I took today with my webcam - which means holding my laptop up to her since my webcam is attached to my laptop screen.
I wanted something to send to dada while he was working. I sometimes feel bad that I get to spend all day with her and see her smile and coo and try to laugh. But it's my job, and with all the good stuff I also get the bad - diaper blow outs, cranky crying, nursing on demand, laundry, cleaning and getting up with her throughout the night. But it's so worth it.
Anyway, we have her 2 month check up tomorrow where I'm hoping she's gained a lot more weight. My petite little baby girl. At the endocrinologist she was 8lbs something...I wanna say 8.5 or something. So I'm hoping she's 9lbs or more. I'll keep my fingers crossed. She also gets her vaccinations tomorrow - yikes! So not looking forward to that. It breaks my heart when she cries in pain. And god forbid, they better not put a huge band aid on her. I can't do that again! She did the silent cry when I had to pull it off (quickly) last time!
Today she almost laughed. Well, to me it sounded like a chuckle! I did the "boop boop" on her nose - she LOVES that. And she had a huge smile and a little laugh with it. It was pretty amazing. Anywho, She should be waking up soon.
I really hope to stick with this journal. My idea was to have it for Lily, and myself, so we can look back on it and see how life was in the beginning. But I guess it can also just be for me. My outlet and my thoughts and just day to day things. It could be a nice thing as long as I stick with it...that's always the hardest part!

Songs listened to while writing:
Chris Young - The man I want to be
Corinne Bailey Rae - Like a Star
Jason Aldean - The Truth
Barenaked Laides - Break your heart

No comments:

Post a Comment