Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Add that cherry on top of my problems!

Cherry = milk intolerance.

Yes. That is what all evidence it pointing to now. Even though she can stomach all my diary through breast milk, yogurt and cheese - it seems like she cannot handle milk in large quantities. This would explain the loose, smelly stool (tmi?), the occasional vomiting, and the refusal to eat anything because really, who wants to eat when their entire GI system is wonky? My poor baby girl :(
We are testing this theory by stopping all whole milk and giving cups of formula (ailumentum.) Hopefully this will clear up and we can get back to feeding better and figuring out what to do about milk. Our options are a whole milk version of lactaid if they have it or soy milk, which doesn't have as many calories as regular cows milk. Ugh. And I can't help thinking what long term effects this will have? Will I have to be checking ingredients wherever we go? Or maybe this is just a small intolerance which is why she can do cheese and yogurt. Or maybe this is just a childhood thing and in a couple months or years she'll be able to digest milk easier.

And then of course, I can't help but wonder why now? why us? why why why. Don't we have enough to deal with!?! I was walking that edge again during our early intervention meeting + OT and had to hold back my tears because I knew if one slipped that I would just start bawling and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to stop.
We're also going to get a feeding therapist from UNC to evaluate LB and also look into whether or not her medicine suppress her appetite. But to do that we have to work out our insurance...

...yes, insurance drama. Dennis moved jobs and they told him we would be covered starting Monday with the new insurance and that our old insurance had a "grace period" just in case. No such luck. Thank GOD we got her HGH ordered and delivered yesterday!! Now we are having to go on Cobra for the month of December which is a huge headache and $800 out of pocket that we cannot afford but of course, we can't not have insurance.
Ugh. I feel like crawling into a hole and telling everyone just to leave me alone for a few days.

Well, I should end this with something great. Lily has been using some words lately! She can say Duck (her first word ever!), Dog, Cat, Spoon and Down! CRAZY! She's not a babbler or constant talker but she does clearly say these things when asked! Awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Oh honey :( I hope you guys figure it out.

    But the new words! That's great! "Duck" hehe, super cute

    ReplyDelete