Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, December 6, 2010

Of all weeks...

I am sick. It hit my like a freight train Saturday. It started with a sore throat that felt like razor blades all up in my throat. Then, as I was celebrating my best childhood friends baby shower, I started getting nauseous (ugh) and by the time I got home my sinuses were stuffed up and I was ready for a hot bath and some medicine. But, I'm not breastfeeding anymore so no need to limit my medicine to herbal crap and hot teas. I took some theraflu nighttime and passed out at 9 both Saturday and Sunday night! I still feel like crap but I think I'm over the worst of it. I hope so at least because there is so much to do this week with LB's 1st birthday party this Saturday!! Yikes!

And on top of all this going on...Lily has THRUSH AGAIN! Ugh. I don't know what the deal is. I had read something that said Thrush can be caused by steroids which LB is on. But, she's not taking excess steroids...so I don't know. It's annoying though because she's still not eating really well and I was hoping after the milk was out of her system she would start back to eating. Now we have to wait for the thrush to clear up. AND, I did pick up some Whole Milk Lactaid that we will try after this thrush is cleared up, so probably after Saturday? We'll see how things go. I really hope this lactaid works. It has 160 calories and soy milk only has 100. Right now I'm giving her 5oz formula after every meal, sometimes in between and at night. We're down to 1.5 little cans of formula left and I am not going out to buy some more. So I guess I really should start transitioning her over to lactaid since I'm thinking of doing the whole half and half for a bit to see if her tummy can handle it. What an ordeal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment