Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, December 17, 2010

Lily's 1st Birthday Party

I'm finally getting around to posting about LB's first birthday party that we held last Saturday. I'm not really in the mood to type (so tired, what's new?) but I wanted to post a little bit and add some pictures so I remember things.
We had a winter ONEderland with snowflakes hanging from the ceiling (still hanging), snowman cupcake and cake and I had made homemade peanut butter balls - interruption for the PB balls:

My best friends dad made PB balls from scratch every single Christmas. I always looked forward to them and never once questioned him about the recipe. When I got older I wanted that recipe so bad! I finally got it at my bridal shower and this is the first Christmas I have made them.

I swore them off now.
They are so labor intensive! It's one thing to mix everything and then roll 50+ by hand, that's really not the hard part...the hard part is dipping and covering every inch of them with chocolate and then shaking off excess chocolate and covering up the toothpick hole etc etc.

I really said I'd never make them again...but they are SO good! And my sister has now requested I make them for my dad for Xmas. At least it's for a good cause...?

Back to the party. Everything went down without a hitch...except for in the beginning.

Let me tell you, I had Lily's outfit picked out for weeks, maybe even months. I have been looking at this dress hanging on a fancy clothes hanger for so long. I was SO excited for her to finally wear it. I waited until the last minute to put it on her just in case of any spits up or what nots. I even borrowed a dress in a different color blue so we'd look wintery together. Not 10 minutes into wearing her dress, Lily puked.
On her. On me. Down my whole dress. Down her whole dress. On her snowflake tights that I searched for everywhere. Even on her poor black dress shoes.
Dennis gave me one look that said don't cry. don't cry!
As we were cleaning up and I was looking in the closet for something else to wear all I could think was, nothing we ever do is easy.
BUT, I was proud of myself. I didn't cry. I put it behind me. I greeted my guests, even explained the story with a little laugh and my good friend even said, "Did you at least get a picture?" Yes, we got one. And Lily's mouth is wide open and her eye is a little wonk but I thought, we'll get a better one later. OH WELL! So we're saving the dress for Xmas or New years. *sigh*
Onto the pictures:

Our party dress picture. Notice the snowflake tights?


Lily's smash cake!

She actually did quite well with smashing it and getting at least a taste into her mouth!!

Best birthday picture ever? YES!

My monthly memory wall :)

3 comments:

  1. I love the one with her eating her cupcake and that huge grin on her face! Priceless!

    Sorry about her dress :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at that face full of cake! :) what a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 1st Birthday, Lily!!!! What a GREAT cake picture!!! Perfect :)

    ReplyDelete