Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Today's the day!

you're off to great places, you're off and away...

wait. That's not what I meant to say! Today is Lily Belle's first birthday party! I still have so much to do but the party isn't until 3 so I've got time to do it AND take a nap (hopefully.) I didn't invite a lot of people. Just family and a few close friends. This past year was so hard and so...trying for us, our marriage, our family, our friendships, that it just seemed more appropriate to ask the people that were there for us to celebrate our past year together. That we made it and grew from it and we're better because of it!
I'll take tons of pictures and upload them this upcoming week. I'm turning downstairs into a winter ONEderland ;) And we're having chili, mexican cheese dip, veggies and ranch dip, pretzel crisps and cheese dip and Stacey contributed a pony keg of winter hook. Yes, we are having a keg at our daughters first birthday party ;) It's more a party for us anyways!

Yesterday we also took Lily to another "first." Her first visit with Santa!! Here's the wonderful picture:
She was tired but she did really, really well! Anytime she looked at the camera she had major wonk eye because the camera was so far away, I think. But this one of her looking up at him is just so precious. Something we will cherish forever!

Alright. Must get to work. I'll update about the party later and all the other little updates...sleep, teething, eating...the usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment