
I should live by these words. In fact, I should make a whole post on words and sayings to live by so that when I am in the weeds I can read them and ponder life. Nah.
Though, I do love my blog for the sole purpose of looking back and seeing how far we've come, how hard some things were and how "easier" they are now. For example, sleeping. There is not a night that I don't put Lily down and thank the Gods up above that she sleeps better and that bedtime is a joyous occasion and not one that I dread anymore. And when she wakes up and cries at night I give her a moment or two until I can tell if it's a sleepy cry or a scared, angry cry. There are still some times when I stumble out of bed, bleary eyes, pulling my pj pants on backwards, grumbling about Dennis being oblivious to his crying daughter and then realize that she's already fallen back asleep. Ah. bliss!
And bed time is fun now! I get to sit in our rocker, read a book or two while she drinks her milk/formula/whatever it will be and then I burp, hug, kiss, and wish sweet dreams and lay her down with her paci and she puts herself to sleep. AWESOME, except for the paci part. She's taken with her paci now and wants it every time she goes to sleep at night and for naps and sometimes when she's not feeling well which, you can't not let her have it because she's so pitiful! I guess we'll wean off of that when necessary.
As for the milk debacle, it is on it's way to passing. I already see a huge difference in Lily's demeanor today with no milk for the past 72 hours. She's still not eating great but I'm not pushing it. Instead, I'm giving her cups of formula after attempting to eat and as soon as she feels better I have to believe that she'll pick up where we left off with the whole eating thing. But all my worrying, stressing, crying, fighting with food is in the past now and I can only hope we never to have to deal with that again now that we know what the problem was.
So, in conclusion, Troubles will pass and I'm sure I'll look back and think, well, that's wasn't so bad! haha


There you go! It's all a frame of mind...just take a deep breath and repeat "this too shall pass" whenever you start feeling the pressure starting to rise again. It's hard sometimes to keep things in perspective though...
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you're feeling better today :)