Well...I am getting close.
I had one of those hysterical laughs that brought sad tears to my eyes and I was standing on the edge, teetering close to another breakdown. I haven't had one in awhile. In fact, with all that's going on, I haven't even had a good cry in awhile. Maybe I'm hardening. Motherhood must be making me tough *grrr*
Seriously though, I keep thinking, if this were the only thing I was dealing with, I could do it! But, it's one thing after another, on top of another.
Dennis said to me today, "You're doing good with all of this, Honey." And I said, with a straight face, "Well, it's not like I can be doing any worse!" Gracious.


I had 2 friends to have baby boys within 2 months after Cooper was born. Both of these little boys are walking now and Cooper can't even use his legs. Heck, these boys were crawling when Cooper couldn't even roll over. Ugh, it's so painful to see these little boys and I wonder sometimes how it must feel to have a baby with no physical ailments. I HATE to use the word "normal" which would allude that there is something "abnormal" about Cooper (or your Lily) but I think how *easy* motherhood would be if your child did things "normally" and doing the "normal" things with your child was all that you had to do...
ReplyDeleteAlas, my friend, step away from that edge! You're a great mom and you're doing everything that you can for Lily. Be gentle with yourself! Thinking of you and your sweet girl...prayers and ((hugs))