Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, November 26, 2010

I think I'm done

I think I am officially done with breastfeeding. I nursed Lillian for 11 months, 1 week and 4 days. And a majority of that was done every 2 hours! I am very proud of myself and even Lillian for sticking with it especially in the hospital and there after! But, now we're almost fully weaned over to whole milk and when we nurse before bed and at 3am, well, she's just not that interested. I gave her a bottle of formula last night before bed since I had wine over at my dads and she chugged 4 ounces down with no problem! It makes me wonder if she would've gained weight easier had I just bit the bullet and did formula when the doctors asked me to. But, then again, she's barely been sick. She's only had a cold twice. And I can't do the what if game. It would make me crazy.
Yes, I think I am done! It's sad. But kind of liberating at the same time :)

On the topic of eating. Lillian is having a hard time. I've stopped trying to challenge her and just focused on getting food into her and she's just not eating hardly anything for breakfast or lunch but eats 2 jars for dinner. I'm giving her 5ounces of milk for each meal and trying to squeeze juice/water in between that. It's frustrating trying to get the calories and the necessary milk and water in all in a day. I can't wait for Monday and our OT session. We need it!!

1 comment:

  1. High fives to you on 11 months of breastfeeding and you should be very proud of yourself!

    My son's been on formula since he was 2 months old and he's only had 2 colds so I think a lot of environmental things go into how often our kids get sick and not only what they eat. He's a preemie so I was very proactive about hygiene of myself and those that came into contact with him and I think that goes a long way...But, really, you can't go back and wonder about the choices that you made regarding the formula. You made what you thought was the best decision at the time!

    I hope Lily gets better with her eating...have you thought about a speech eval for her? Cooper sees speech therapy for clinical feeding lessons and they're helping immensely! His hypotonia makes swallowing very difficult but I'm seeing drastic changes already! Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete