I took LB into the pediatrician today. She was acting off. She's not been eating well for the past week, having some diarrhea and just being puny. She even vomited today and that was the last straw. Dr. Schmitt was finally back from maternity leave (yay!) and believes this could just be a bug and we will let it run its course. If it doesn't clear up on its own then we might have to look at the milk, unfortunately. But, she thinks its probably not that since she can do yogurt and cheese and I BF'ed without cutting out any dairy - I confessed that I eat a bowl of ice cream almost every night and it never bothered her.
She also wants Lily to see a feeding specialist, not just an OT. I'm going to talk to Sue about it this Wednesday. We have to wait and see how insurance is at Dens new job but honestly, if this eating doesn't pick up soon...well, here, let me show you the numbers.
Lily is 29 inches long! Wow! I looked it up and that means she is int he 56%!!
But.
She weighs 15lbs 4oz. Which means all of that stuffing, extra calories, stacking formula, etc, hasn't done jack shit the past month. She has even lost 5 ounces! Though, she's not feeling well, eating well, and hadn't eaten much before we weighed her - I was so surprised and so, so, so discouraged. I wish someone could come in and just wave a wand and fix it.
all. of. it.
Not gonna happen, but a girl can wish.


I concur with the feeding specialist which is speech therapy but for feeding which is what Cooper does. I think I mentioned this in a previous comment and I had hoped that I didn't offend you. To me, it seems like a speech therapist is more what she needs if it's a matter of the machinacs of how she's eating and not so much teaching her how to use a spoon or those kind of things which is what OT is for...which Cooper goes to, also! I'm considering dropping his OT but that's for a different conversation.
ReplyDeleteAnyways, I know you've had a tough mommy day and I'm sorry that things are difficult right now. You and I have babies with different issues but I feel all the same things that you do. Cooper still can't bear weight on his legs and is having braces made for his legs...It's painful to see him go through this and wondering if he'll ever walk. You just love them so much and want things to be easy!
Enjoy your glass of wine and do some deep breathing in the hot bath! ((hugs))