Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, November 1, 2010

Multitasking

Being a mom means being a PRO at multitasking.

For example: Right now I am eating lunch, updating my blog, playing frontierville (dork? yes!) and waiting on my tofu to finish in the oven.

Why multitask? My daughter is sleeping and I have NO idea how long it will last! Lily is well on her way to dropping to one nap a day. I try each morning to get her down for a nap and even though she's tired, she will just not have it. It frustrates me and it's a buzzkill. Especially when all I want is to go back to sleep myself after getting up between 5-6am. I don't think morning naps are in my future anytime soon...

But finally, she is napping. So I maybe just forgo the attempt of a morning nap and go straight for the after lunch nap. And hope and pray that she sleeps for AT LEAST an hour. But, I know I'm lucky if I can even get 45 minutes from her...the whole day.

More fun stuff? LB has started to DANCE! She bee-bops around when any music comes on and even sometimes when I make up some songs. It is the cutest thing I have ever witnessed and I hope to get it on video!
She has also started "kissing" back, as in I say, "Lily! Kiss!" and she smacks her lips together in a cute, baby kiss :)
AND, she is working on clapping!! Right now she "claps" with her fists close but with the right motion. She started out clapping with one hand in her mouth and hitting the other one but she has progressed already. She's so smart too! Sometimes I'll say, "wow! Good job, Lily!" And she'll do her motion of clapping!

I'm starting to look for things for her birthday party. We're doing the Winter ONEderland theme with snowflakes and snowmen. I'm working on invitations now and trying to pick up decorations when I see them. Now that Halloween is over I should be able to find some more stuff. And I've already started a birthday/Christmas present list for her and will start picking those up little by little. SO exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment