So.Not.Healthy. Not for anyone.
I tried to stick with the only napping for two hours, and that worked. So that by the time we got to Grandma's on Christmas day she had slept the whole way from Raleigh to Richlands (2 hours exactly.) She snoozed a bit when we went to the Great Grandparents house but other than that did not make up any of that sleep. She was then up at 3am, in the same bedroom as Dennis and I, ready to go.
*sigh*
Luckily, this is what seemed to be the straw that broke her [and our] back. She then proceeded to sleep from Richlands back to Raleigh, then took another 2 hour nap when we got home (there was NO keeping her up when she was so miserable.) I cannot subject my daughter to that. I had done enough prodding and poking her awake every day for the past week for nap time and it is heartbreaking. I won't do it again. When she woke from her second nap she was miserable and asking for Nana (I, too, was asking for my mom since I was sick!) So we ran to Nana's where she fed us some soup (thanks, mom!) and gave LB a bath. Lily fell asleep on the way there AND back.
She was in bed by 6:45.
and she slept until 6am.
Yep. SIX AM. And we bit the bullet and changed her medicine time back to 3 freaking am. *sigh again* It was the only thing that made any sense. Nothing else was working. It was only getting worse and the only thing we could think to change was the time again. When I was getting her up at 11 for meds, she was dead asleep. I think I must have been interrupting some kind of deep sleep cycle. And then she was up 3-4 hours later, which if I had been giving it at 3am like before, would've been just fine (since that would be 6-7am)
At least now I can get up at 3am and go back to sleep! I guess it's just meant to be right now. And she consistently sleeps until at least 6am from now on, we'll stick with it because we all need that sleep!


No comments:
Post a Comment