Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday, Lily Belle!

This year I can happily say that this year has flown by (compared to the oh-so-slow first year!)

So my dearest Lily Belle, I will address this blog to you:


You have made some big leaps and bounds this year Little Bit! Last year I was worried you wouldn't eat the cake; this year, I'm worried you'll eat the whole thing if we're not careful! You went to feeding therapy at UNC that proved to be a waste of time. You ended up beating the dreaded non-eating curse on your own (with a few tweaks to medication.) You can feed yourself with a fork quite easily, though you still get frustrated you do at least ask for "help peas!" You are most often getting the clean plate award each night dinner.
Your favorite foods are avocado (still), chicken and rice, oranges, any kind of bread and tofu. I actually have not found a food you will not try let alone like. It amazes me and sometimes it is hard to look back in this blog and see what a dark place I was in because you wouldn't eat. All you needed was encouragement and time to bloom on your own and you certainly showed us! You now usually eat three meals a day plus one snack. You're still drinking a lot but since life is mostly normal despite that, we're not too worried about it - as long as your happy and healthy!

First day with glasses
This year you also obtained your first pair of glasses. We are about to retire them and get you a stronger prescription and new frames but these will always hold a special place in our hearts. I remember the first time you put them on in the store and said "ahhh" like you just knew this is how the world is supposed to look! It was incredible. I even remember the look on the store owner's face and how proud they were like this was why they did this job; for children like you Lily, who appreciate the sight they have.
With the glasses you were able to start walking, climbing, and you are trying to prefect walking up and down the stairs with minimum help. You still get a little tripped up with surface changes but we have proved that practice makes perfect and the instances are getting few and farther between these days.
You make my heart SOAR when you say things while we're outside like "House. Trees. Car. I see it." You are constantly telling me what you see and I can never explain the pure joy I get from hearing you and how you take a little bit of that pain and darkness away with each exclamation!

Today with glasses
Speaking of jabbering away, talking is your favorite past time! When I get you up in the morning you are tell me about everything in your room. This morning, for example, was "toes, pink bear, baba, fan, bright light, blinds, water" You are constantly telling me about our environment and I LOVE IT! 
You can count to 20!
You know most of your colors.
You have finally said, "I love you, Mommy" when I say I love you (melt my heart!) 
You're starting to sing!! Mostly to the ABC's and Twinkle Twinkle.
You know ALL of your letters
You LOVE your Elmo book and constantly ask to read it for bedtime though we are slowly trying to break you of that.
You love to be read to and will pick out a book and place it on the table beside our rocker so it's ready for nap time. 
Mickey Mouse is still your favorite show and you constantly ask to watch it every morning! I think you're over "Movie Me" though you still like to watch it with Nana.
Speaking of Nana, you love going to Nana's house and will ask to go there at least once a day :) 

You, my sweet Lillian Belle, are the funniest, sweetest, smartest, most clever little girl I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and knowing that you are mine is a special sort of joy that can never be described. You really are the light of my life. I cannot even remember what life without you was like. These past two years have been the best years of our lives! Dad and I are so, so, so very proud of you and we try to remember to tell you everyday. We know that you know you're loved because we are constantly hugging, kissing and reminding you of just how much love we hold for you. 
We are so very blessed to celebrate another year of your incredible life! We love you Lily Belle

Love, Mommy and Daddy



3 comments:

  1. awwww you made me cry... AT WORK!! :) I forgive you. Happy 2 to your sweet little angel. LOVE the glasses.... LOVE your post... LOVE LOVE LOVE all around!!! Merry Christmas you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Lily!! What a super sweet post, mama. I love her glasses too - so adorable. :-)

    She can count to 20?!!! Wow - go Lily! I'm still trying to get Asher to say that he's 2. ha!

    ReplyDelete