Today is day 3 of what I have not dubbed my own personal "positive project" Lame, yes? Life changing, you betcha! I have made an effort each day to make the most of my day, to wake up and plan to have a good day, to be a good mom, a better wife. It's worked! It's tiring but at the end of the day I feel more fulfilled. I feel happier and much more content than I did when I was just trying to get through the day only to start the next one up again in the same sour mood.
It's not always easy, especially with a toddler that is showing her attitude lately! Even on the first day I faltered when our playdate fell through and I had to drag and kicking, hitting and screaming Lily from the freezing cold sand box at the park. I called Dennis that morning almost in tears, "this morning is a disaster." In which he replied, "Allie, it's only 10am." So I tried my best to shake it off and make the most of it (Thanks Jill and Liam for letting us invite oursevles over to keep warm and play!)
I had realized that I was falling into the pit holes that I was guilty of falling into lately...when things don't go the way I've planned I just shut down. Now instead of doing that, I'm going to try my hardest to make the best of things, to be more positive, to make life a little easier for everyone around me and in turn it does make it easier and so much brighter for me.
Today seems like another hard day. I was woken up at 4:15 to a tiny yell of "Mommy!" I grumbled at Dennis about how now 4am is way.too.early. I went in and rocked her, toyed with the thought of changing her diaper but decided against it, and finally put her back down with a bottle of water tucked in between Minnie Mouse and Pink Bear.
She never went back to sleep.
I was up again, muttering and stomping back into her room at 5am. Seriously? When is this "phase" going to end? And of course, all I can think is "maybe today will be a movie day..." (normal pit fall again.)
So now I'm tossing around ideas of taking a nap before lunch (or will that just mess everything up!?) or taking Dennis to work and getting out of the house for awhile - then I risk her falling asleep in the car and not even getting a proper nap at all!
I'm thinking of just going with the flow today. Do what we normally do and I'll just follow her cues and put her to bed when she's acting tired. I'm sure I'll be more than ready to sleep by then too! Coffee can only do so much.
Thankfully I'm not starting to watch the two boys this morning. A is sick with a runny nose and cough. I had to let Lori know that I couldn't watch either boys if they were sick. I just can't put LB at risk for that. Though she has a normal immune system, she just can't fight colds and sickies like we can. So we're going to start next week as long as everyone is healthy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment