Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Happy Non-Due Date Day!

41 Weeks!
Oh how I wish I had been blogging 2 years ago today. December 6, 2009 was supposed to be LB's day of birth. That day came and went with no baby. As did the following 9 days until I was induced. (For the record, I never want to be induced again unless it's a medical emergency!)
Two years ago today I was miserable. In pain, huge, crying all the time, and so impatient. All I wanted was to hold my sweet baby girl in my arms and have the whole dang thing done with!
Just a pre-second year birthday post, I guess. Feeling a bit nostalgic...Happy non-due date day baby girl. You may have been stubborn but it was worth all 41 weeks to keep you in my belly, safe and warm and content! (Though I may not have been feeling that way at the time.)
I'm sitting here watching you color - trying to get you to color some holiday themed pictures. I'm listening to you say "Help please, mommy!" in between naming your colors and shapes.

You.are.amazing. Totally worth the wait ;-) I hope I continue to show you and tell you that every day because you really do make me stop and appreciate life and you every day. I love you my stubborn little girl!

1 comment:

  1. Cute Belly!! (I know that feeling all too well.....My oldest didn't want to come out either. I was induced 14 days after her due date...she was born with a mullet and long nails LOL!!)

    So cute how LB is naming colors and shapes. Goes to show the differences between boys and girls. haha LB is already naming her colors while B is eating his crayons.

    I can't believe our babies are almost 2. WHAT????

    ReplyDelete