Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Layers upon Layers upon Layers

...and no, I'm not talking about the winter weather (or lack thereof here in the South!)

I'm talking about cloth diapering at night. Or actually, combo-diapering at night. I took some pictures last night for this blog so that y'all can finally see behind the scenes. It's a whole production each night to keep my baby girl dry! She just cannot be contained! Well, as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words!

The whole night time package

Starts with a pampers baby dry nighttime diaper


Add in a hemp fitted cloth diaper

microfiber insert around her belly to try and catch my belly sleepers
leaks

Tuck that all into a large, lanolized wool cover

Every since she was a baby we had the regular fitted, waterproof mattress cover,
plus another small waterproof cloth also underneath the sheets.
In the past few months I smartened up and added a waterproof changing cover
on top of the sheets - now I don't have to change the sheets in the middle
of the night or every day! Ta Da!

Cute hemp diaper! Too bad it needs a cover!

Not what it was intended for but it has helped...
trial and error, trial and error!

All covered up as tight as can be!

Wool cover doesn't look so "large" now, huh?

FLUFF BUTT!!

A reward for being so patient
(Not really, we do this every single night!)



This production happens twice every night. Yes, all of those layers are done up again 4 hours later with new inserts and fitteds and another disposable diaper. I took these last night and when I got her up at 11pm to give medicine and water she had lasted through the worst of it. The wool cover was a teeny-tiny bit damp around the waist - and THAT is considered a good night.
So I do her up with a new pampers, my other fitted diaper (although last night I tried a bamboo fitted from my mommy blogger friend!) a hemp insert and another microfiber insert around the waist. She goes from 11-6a(approx) and is always soaked when I get her up, even with all the dry layers. 
Makes me dread potty training at night! I'll be up every hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment