Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Why I'm Obsessed with Pee.

For those wondering why I am holding onto this hope that cloth diapering my 2 year old will give me some peace, let me tell you what happened last night.

I had an easy time of getting Lily down for bed but she was up again crying 30 minutes to an hour later. When I went up to see her it just looked like gas and then I picked her up. Already wet. So I changed her diaper, changed her shirt and put her back down where she was content. 
I got her up again at 11pm to give medicine (all three vials) and she was dry this time. She'd still peed but the diaper held it in. So I gave her some medicine, and handed her a cup of water while I changed her night time diaper again. I picked her up to put her back in her crib when I felt her pee. I just sighed, well, it's a new diaper and she can just deal with it, were my thoughts until I felt pee. 
On my foot.
She had peed in a dry nighttime diaper and it had gone out of the diaper, through her pants, down my shirt, onto my pants and all the way down to the floor to land on my foot and soak the carpet.
That is how much my daughter pees. 
Of course I changed her diaper. again. And her pajamas. again. I put her down and walked into our bedroom with tears in my eyes feeling so defeated and heartbroken because there's just nothing more I can do but get her sodium checked tomorrow [today] and keep up with diapers and dry clothes.
And what do I hear when I sit down on the bed? Another cry. This time low and sad followed by "Mommy, More-a-please-a-wa-wa" 
Now tell me that even if your heart wasn't already chipped that it wouldn't break after hearing that?
After another 9oz she finally went to sleep and so did we. And guess what? [happy news] Baby girl slept from 11:30p to 7am. Now that's something to celebrate at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment