![]() |
| Mommy's last resort |
After lunch I took off her sopping wet diaper again, sat her on the potty and put on Elmo. That's how frustrated I was.
But I did end up saving a diaper since she did pee in the potty. I'm not so sure she realized it but I showed her and she was happy as was I!
Anyway, we upped her meds Friday and it seems like maybe we're on the right track. I still think it could go up more but I'll give it a few days and then get her sodium checked again before Thanksgiving I guess. She's thirsty and peeing but not nearly as much as Friday.
And. I have not given up! Cloth diapering to me just seems like the right choice. I'm the one that deals with the sopping busted open disposables, the drenched sheets, the PJ changing every night. And now I'm the one dealing with the cloth diaper washing and changing and determination to DO THIS.
I just think I'm going to have to be more vigilant with changing her every 2 hours and going no longer than that. My baby is different. There is no "heavy wetters" out there that can compare to what Lily can do and I have to accept that. Take every bit of advice with a twist of my experience and forge my own cloth diapering path.
To do this I need to buy more. I only have 6 prefolds and 2 fitted (for night) and that means I'd have to do laundry every day or twice a day if I cloth 24/7 which is my goal. So I'm thinking I need 24 prefolds and at least 2 more fitteds. I wouldn't mind trying one or two pocket diapers but that'll have to come later. I also want to try different liners I can stuff in for over night. I want to try more hemp liners and I definitely want to get a wool cover for night time. I've decided that any Xmas cash I get can go into cloth diapers. Yep, that's how determined I am do this.
Crazy, right?



No comments:
Post a Comment