Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, November 21, 2011

Kinda successful...

If you look at my cloth diapering adventure more from the perspective of keeping things dry than using 100% cloth then my situation last night was 50% successful.
I felt a little bit like frankenstein's creator when I was buttoning up Lily's diaper last night. I wanted to cackle under my breath and mutter things like now this will work and try to pee out of that one! I more just crossed my fingers, threw up my hands and thought if this doesn't work, it doesn't work. 
This is what I did. First off, we upped ddavp to 1.8ml and yesterday I gave 1.9ml. Not a huge increase but just smidge to see if we could get this DI semi under control. I think it helps. I think 2ml will probably be a more accurate dose. For now I'm sticking with 1.9 to see if it helps.
Then, after her bath, I did a night time disposable diaper followed by a thirsties fitted diaper all covered up with a thirsties cover and then her PJ bottoms. Dennis joked she looked has a little baby J-Lo booty but whatever helps, right?! And when I got her up at 11pm to give medicine (during her break through peeing period)
She. Was. Dry!

Disposable was saturated. Fitted diaper was wet but not soaked but the cover held it all in and the PJs weren't wet! This is the first time in AGES that I didn't have to change PJs in the middle of the night! So I decided to try and see if it'd last 8hrs. Well, we weren't so lucky this time but she wasn't completely soaked when I got her up at 6:45am nor was there any busted diapers. So we may have found a combo that can work for the time being. If I just use disposable at night, well that can still save a lot of money, right? 

Mom says I'm desperate. I feel like I'm teetering on the edge of sanity regarding pee and diapers and money. 

2 comments:

  1. YAY for small success! It sounds like you're on your way to the perfect combo that will work for Lily.

    Don't give up mama - you rock! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! And re: the previous blog...I'm cheering you on! You'll find that magic combo :)

    ReplyDelete