Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cloth Diaper Update

I have come to the conclusion that there is no diaper out there [that I can afford and that will still be comfortable to sleep in] that can keep my daughter dry. There's only so much stuff you can stuff! LB is a belly sleeper too so most of the leaking is what comes out the top. I thought the wool would be ideal for this, and it was, but it can't hold even her "best" 4 hours of break through peeing.
So I think we're going to stick with the best of both worlds and use a combination of disposable and cloth with covers and the wool. Using 2 disposable diapers is better than 12+ that we were using during the day.
And day time CDing has been going pretty well. I got my extra 12 from my black friday shopping. I was debating sending them back for a smaller size but after washing and wearing one, I figured we would stick with the large size, it can't hurt. A little extra fluff in the butt is fine with us!
So now I only have to do a cloth diaper load every other day which is awesome! I'm changing pretty often, and experimenting with extra inserts to see if that helps. Sometimes we get little leaks but not a huge deal. We're at home 95% of the time so she goes without pants most days which helps with changing every 1-2 hours. And it helps make leaks just a *shrug* kinda thing, instead of getting upset over having to clean yet another pair of pants. AND our babylegs have made a comeback since it's cold now and she needs something to warm the legs! Woo hoo!
I have found that I like my cheapo, bogo at $9.95, Econobums (pictured above) the snaps are much easier to snap close (compared to the thirsties) and since each was less than $5 for the cover and a smaller [than what I have] prefold well you can't beat that! I'll probably pick up more down the road. They also seem to dry faster than the thirstie covers.
I do want to buy another velcro closing cover since I only have one and I use that at night for the ease of it. Sometimes Lily and I are both impatient with the snap closures.

Overall though I am very happy! I don't feel like we're wasting diaper after diaper when she's only gone pee once. One pee in the cloth and I just switch it out with another prefold - no guilt! Plus I now have enough that I'm not worried about using them all up in the morning and not having any for the afternoon. I'm also happy that we have figured something out for nighttime, even if it isn't exactly what I had in mind. My priority is to keep my daughter as dry as possible so the combo works for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment