Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving

Dennis and I were officially insane this Thanksgiving. We spent Turkey Day at my moms, cooking and drinking. And then the next day at my dads for our traditional spaghetti and meatballs. Then that Saturday we made the 2 hour trip to Grandma and Grandpa Manning's to spend some quality time with them. We got almost all our family in! It was Awesome but I think we need a vacation from our little family break! 

Thanksgiving day started at 5am for me. We then proceeded over to Nana's where I jumped right into the kitchen to start cooking. If you haven't figured out already, I love to cook so Thanksgiving is just a fun day for me! It was a little stressful mostly because Lily was overtired and refused to nap. Yes. She refused to nap except for a brief break for about 15 minutes. She had a horrible rash that kept her up :-( 
So I was stressed that she wouldn't want to eat and I had my heart set on her eating a big Turkey Day dinner with us since this year she COULD eat. I was counting her out before we even got the Turkey breast out of the oven. Boy, was I wrong!
Baby Girl ate THREE helpings! It might have had something to do with her skipping lunch but...I'll take it. She was a big fan of the squash casserole and turkey. And she then slept very good that night. I, on the other hand, did not because of an allergic reaction to something which then kicked in a terrible asthma attack. Hubby ran to the store at 4am (on black Friday) to get me some medication. Bless his heart! 

The next day we went back home to chants of "Papa's!!" from the backseat. We all needed a little nap and thankfully Lily complied that day. We then headed over to Papa's and enjoyed a beautiful fall day with him, the boys and our Godfamily. Lily again ate a whole plate of food - spaghetti and meatballs! 

Then that Saturday we ventured to Grandma's house! We were very excited for Grandma to see Lily Belle. Pictures just can't do her justice and it's so much fun to see her interact and talk talk talk to Grandma. Lily even napped there which amazed me! She was tuckered out, I guess. We ate lasagna that night and again, Lily ate a whole plate on top of almost a full avocado through out the day. 
We put her to bed around 8pm and she was up screaming - I mean screaming bloody murder - around 10pm. Nothing consoled her. No water. No medicine. No walking or bouncing or singing. Her stomach was rock hard [gas?] It took a very long time but we finally got her calmed down and in bed with us (after having to forfeit in cranium!) She slept between Den and I, which in and of itself is hard enough, but add in the fact that about every 2 hours she was up screaming again and we were all a bit cranky in the morning. And morning started at 4:45am. Yep. Luckily people were up and stirring by 6am so we were able to interact with others and pass LB off to Grandma while I sucked down some coffee. 
Lily slept on the ride home and I was able to get a power nap in the car while Dennis drove. Lily and I both took a 2 hour nap later that afternoon ;-) And she proceeded to sleep well that night (until 7am the next morning!) This morning it was another 5:30am wake up call. We've really got to fix that! 

Anyway, the whole vacation was a bit chaotic with lots of ups and downs but we were so lucky to be able to spend so much time with family. It was totally worth it! I didn't take many pictures but here are some great ones that I did get!










3 comments:

  1. Curious...do you think if you dropped to one nap a day she would sleep longer at night/wake up later? I know this would probably cut in to your nap time, but maybe? Dunno...just tossing out ideas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lily has been on one nap a day for at least a year now. I'm pretty sure she dropped her morning one around 11 months old if I remember correctly. She just takes one 2 hour nap a day! I've tried putting her to bed earlier, later, skipping a nap, wearing her out, playing outside, etc etc...She's just an early riser I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! For some reason I thought she was two still...my months have run together in to one big blur

    ReplyDelete