Lily is a talker. She has a budding vocabulary that seems to multiply each day. I think she hasn't walked yet because she is so focused on talking all the time. Most of the time she needs to be prompted to say things, "Say bubble" "bubba" but every now and then I get a gem and she just blurts out things like "Cat" when she sees our cat or (my favorite) Mama when she sees me! Sometimes it's hard for other people to hear her when she's practices because she is so quiet (at least out in public) especially around other kids who are usually a lot louder. Luckily, our friend Catie heard LB say bubble perfectly yesterday after story time when Miss Sarah started blowing bubbles. I say luckily because I don't want people to think I hear words where there are none. I'm not one of those crazy moms, "I swear! She said 'bubble'" when in fact she's babbling dada again. She says it!
So, here is her list of words, or at least what I can remember and what she says really well:
Mama
Dada
Nana
Layla
Light
Done
Turtle
Bubble
Thank you (sounds a lot like Da doo but it's thank you for sure!)
Bless you (In baby babble but in response to people sneezing!)
Bye bye (dye dye)
Not Nice (Jill heard this one! It sounds a lot like "Na Nace")
Dog
Cat
She's working on Frog, Bird, and Mickey Mouse (Ma is mickey right now) and I'm trying to teach her apple and drink.She also says "Uh" when we try to get her to say UP but she's very proud of herself when she says it so I'll add it to this list :) She also tries to repeat vacuum which sounds a lot like "vavuum."
To be honest, she tries to repeat almost every word we say which is awesome but the ones I've listed she repeats most of the time and will most likely say them on her own without too much prompting.
That's a ton of words!! I hope that she'll start focusing on walking soon. It's a lot more fun outside when she can walk instead of crawl. She did stand for a good 10 seconds yesterday and then sat down. She did it again and took a step but after that she was over practicing. She's SO close though!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Actually, that is probably true about the not walking but increased vocabulary! Their brains can't learn 2 huge things like talking and walking at one time so you will see huge leaps in one area while the other area takes a back burner. That's why I believe Coop's vocab has kinda stalled because his body is constantly waking up these days!
ReplyDeleteShe'll walk when she's good and ready! Good job on all the words, Lily!