Our teacher, Dee, was very impressed with Lily but luckily she didn't just turn around and leave! I was very happy with her because even though it's obvious Lily CAN see, it's not obvious how well, where her "bad spots" are and if learning will be hindered by it. My main thing was that I do not Lily to be overlooked just because she can see. And Dee seemed to be on the same page. They are coming back next week to do a developmental assessment and an official visual assessment. Dee observed Lily for awhile, just watching her play, and we talked for awhile about things I've noticed (the right eye turning inwards, shifting of her eyes while nursing on the left side, crossing her eyes when she's tired, etc.) I was happy that Dee was able to spend a lot of time watching her because as time went on she was able to see some of the things I was talking about unlike the ophthalmologist.
I look forward to working with them and I am so happy that we are going to be getting help. It seems that Dee has worked with a lot of babies with SOD/ONH so she knows about the diagnosis which is a relief.


Glad to hear you found someone that gives a damn. :)
ReplyDelete