Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, August 27, 2010

The life of a Housewife

I should start this post by saying that I LOVE being a full time mom. It is everything I ever wanted. I would not trade it for anything because I get to spend my day with my wonderful daughter who is always full of smiles and is a joy to be around (even when she's not!) I do not have a career. I went to college but nothing really came from it - except good friends, life experiences and Dennis!
It is also the HARDEST thing I have ever done in my life. I know I say that a lot in this blog but I can't seem to stress it enough. There is no explaining what life is like to be a full time mommy with no breaks, no vacations, no weekends.
Every time I turn around there is something else that needs to be washed, folded, cleaned or fed. I vacuum EVERYDAY now and the floors are still not clean enough or do not stay clean a full 24 hours. I steam mop every other day and still there is dried baby food, dirty paw prints, shoe prints, spilled sweet tea, etc. And I swear, every time I go on a laundry binge (which is like once a week, otherwise I just constantly do laundry throughout the week anyways) Anyways, a laundry binge=doing all the laundry I can find, and when I do that Lily never fails to throw up/spit up/spread food, etc on something or another which leaves me with no more laundry to go into that small little vomit load and so it either has to stay in the laundry room until I have more dirty things to go with it or I have to do a small load and I hate doing that because it makes me feel guilty.

In the past 8.5 months I have gone to bed utterly exhausted and I usually turn to my husband and say, "Is it supposed to be this hard?" But, maybe I'm doing something right. I feel like I am even though I am bone weary tired at the end of each day...maybe that is the sign that I AM doing this right otherwise I would be just sailing through the days and where's the fun in that? right?

No comments:

Post a Comment