**Warning...Emo Post Up Ahead**
I should be able to go out and enjoy myself with the girls on occasion. I'm not talking every weekend but once a month would be fun and every now and then I can let loose, have a few too many drinks and perhaps even stay out at a friends house just once. Just to get away. I wonder if it will be easier when I'm not breastfeeding and thus she is not relying on me to be sober to feed her or nurse her back to sleep? But she could use pumped milk or formula.
I know this does not make me a bad mom so why do I feel so anxious just thinking about it!? And how do I get over it!? Just do it? How do I separate me and mommy or how can I at least make it so I a bit of both again and not just mommy 24-7.
I'm sure these are all normal feelings for a first time mom but I just don't know where to go from here.
Now I'm the one having separation anxiety!


Personally, I think it's healthy to get out of the house and do SOMETHING, ANYTHING by yourself. Sometimes, my hubby will watch Cooper and all I do is go to the bookstore and drink a coffee and listen to quiet! Yes, we're mommies now but it's not healthy for you or Lily to act like you're not an individual with personal needs anymore.
ReplyDeleteI've been on 1 girls night out since Cooper was born! I went with my dearest friend that I've known for 24 years! We met when we were 8 so we've known each other forever and we talked about life...over margaritas! It was just enough of "me" time and I felt so rejuvenated!
Don't feel guilty for needing to feel like "you"! I know the line gets blurred at times. I don't remember my life before Cooper and I love every moment of being his mommy but I know he needs me to be healthy and happy AND that comes from taking care of yourself for YOU!
Be like Lily...take baby steps.
ReplyDeleteFor instance, the other night for our girls night, had Lily not gotten sick you could have totally come and prolly felt okay about it. Lindsey and I just went to dinner and had one drink w/ our meal. I'm sure you do that at home some nights. And, it was only an hour. You can do that. Just baby steps. Doesn't have to be an all night booze fest, but just enough time away with yourself or with friends to be you again.
Baby steps. Just give it a try.