Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, August 23, 2010

Wishing on eyelashes


I haven't been able to write as freely as I've liked to in the past. I keep meaning to sit down and write down everything but sometimes it just seems so trivial. Plus, Lily is very mobile now so I have to keep my eye on her a lot more closely these days!

One thing I have been thinking about lately is some things I want to teach Lillian. You know, when you have kids you think of all these little things you want your children to be: Intelligent, Curious, Driven, Beautiful, Thankful....etc. Something was shoved in my face yesterday that made me think that I want Lillian to be gracious. I want to instill good manners in her as well, which kind of goes along with being gracious. I was never raised to say "ma'am" and "sir" and I wish that I had been. I won't be fanatical about it but it would be nice for her to know those titles, especially with her elders.
But most important she should know: please, thank you, excuse me and sorry. I don't think that's too much to ask for.

As to my title, I wished on one of Lily's eyelashes yesterday. I wished that she would sleep better (at night and naps) and what do I get today? Awesome sleep last night where we were actually able to test the 7 hours (which we did from 8-3am with her glucose level at 83) and then another brief nursing session at 6am after her meds. She then slept until 8am and then right before lunch she had an 1.5 nap. NICE. I love it. I wish it would stay like this!

Something new I am trying...again...is to be patient. I feel that I am constantly working on my patience, especially when it comes to Lillian. I think I need to soak up more moments. I need to stop thinking about what needs to be done (cleaning, sleeping, eating) and things that are not important (facebooking, emails, tv, me time) and just sit and rock my daughter. And who cares if she wants me to hold her for 30 minutes before I can get in the crib? I need to soak that up because some day soon she won't want me to rock her at all. I need to remember that.
And as a reminder, here is a cute little poem that a wonderful friend sent me:

"The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
But children grow up as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep."

2 comments:

  1. I need to find an eyelash fast because Cooper and his anti-nap antics are driving me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're posts are always such an inspiration to me! So true!

    ReplyDelete