Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Growth Spurt

I swear LB is going through a growth spurt. She is a bottomless pit these days! This morning when I went to get her this morning (at 6:30!) she said to me, "eh-meal mommy?" And I thought for a moment, email? What does she mean by email? Until it clicked oatmeal! She was telling me what she wanted for breakfast today! How cool is that!? And she did eat that oatmeal. Along with a whole cereal bar and two bowls of goldfish. Whew!
And lately Lily-Mommy conversations go something like this:

LB: Eh-meal mommy?
Mommy: You mean oatmeal?
LB: okay, yeah.

It's like she puts these thoughts in your head and then when you agree she nonchalantly says "okay" like it was your idea the whole time. Sneaky girl...

Another noteworthy item today that did not deserve it's own post because I am still angry about it - Today is Lily's first day (and hopefully only) without growth hormone. Well, actually she got a whopping 1/4 of a dose last night. Yep, we ran out and even though we called a full week ago, the insurance company/pharm company insisted that we needed a new pre-authorization and then it had to go through the "official" channels and yada yada yada.
Luckily we are getting it today after they had to expedite it over night. And luckily Lily is eating like a champ or otherwise we'd be checking blood sugars every 4 hours again. I still have to keep a close eye on her today since this is the first time she has been on such a low dose of GH for almost 2 years.
I won't go into the carelessness of insurance companies but it just makes me so mad that they can jerk us around and make us work so incredibly hard to get our daughters life saving medication. We also had to pay back charges (almost $300 worth) from a mistake that THEY made. Yeah really, you don't want me to go into the drama and unfairness of insurance companies.

Let's leave this post off on a good note. Today it is supposed to be 76 and though I couldn't get the car today, we have all the windows open and plans to eat lunch out on the deck, do yoga out in the sunshine and color with a lot of sidewalk chalk after nap time.

No comments:

Post a Comment