Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Moment of Pure Joy

There were so many unanswered questions in the beginning. So many things we just had to "wait and see" about. So many scares and worries and heartbreaking wonderings.
Every day we get an answer even when we aren't looking for it. Every time Lily Belle looks us in the eye and smiles. Every time she walks, colors, eats, dances, etc. Every moment is an answer to us.

And today we got one of the greatest answers of all. Lily and I were outside with Layla. It was a wonderfully beautiful day out but the sun was starting to set and it was getting chilly. I was about to gather our things up and head inside when I caught sight of a bird floating by. I quickly scooped Lily up because the bird was close by and we don't often get the opportunity for her to see things this up close. I pointed, "See the bird? See it flying by?" She squinted up and smiled which is usual for her - it doesn't tell me anything. 
I caught my breath when we rounded the corner and there were a whole flock of birds lazily circling the sky and Lily said, "More birds, Mommy!" 
There was no greater joy than in that moment right then. The fact that she saw those birds flying. Incredible. I really can't even put into words how I felt in that moment. 

And on a funny note, I did wonder if they were buzzards. How nasty, right? But like I told LB, it's the circle of life - and a bird is beautiful flying and soaring no matter what kind of bird it is! 
As we walked to the door to go inside Lily took one last look and said, "Bye Bye Birds!"  


1 comment:

  1. That is so amazing! I'm so happy for you and hope that Lily keeps giving you that wonderful feeling all the time!

    Yay Lily!!

    ReplyDelete