1. Serious business first. We have early intervention coming out Thursday afternoon to discuss the proprioceptive sensory issues and maybe look at LB to see if she needs another OT evaluation or if OT is going to be necessary. I'm looking forward to this because I feel like I've been told all this information and I just don't know what the heck to do with it. I'm hoping this therapist will be more helpful.
2. The only thing I've been told is to get Lily to do some "heavy work" and really work on getting her upper extremities stronger. So more climbing and crawling (things she's not that fond of.) Both OT's (from EI and GMP) looked at the pictures of Lily painting and agreed that her shoulders looks so tensed and weaker than they should. I'll be interested to see what the EI OT things when she comes and sees LB in person.
Last week was a nice week to try and get out of the house as often as we could. I tried to take LB to the playground and encourage her to climb and run and even go down the slide (not a big hit.) We'll take it a day at a time like we always do.
3. Lily's visual therapist contacted me about GMP having a "scholarship" for a music class in Cary. Really, it's like a scholarship since the dang class costs about $300! The music teacher came out for GMP's holiday playgroup and Lily really opened up and enjoyed the class but there was just no way we could afford to send her. Dee came through for us and offered her up these classes every Friday morning until May! We are SO excited and so grateful for the opportunity. I can't wait to see how Lily does with the music. She has been singing throughout the day and seems to really enjoy music now.
4. I made homemade valentines for my family! It took me TWO HOURS to do seven valentines. Yikes! But I made it really hard on myself. Lots of cutting and taping and writing the same message over and over. I'm not sure which of my family reads this blog so I won't post pictures of them until I send them out but here is a preview:
| Hurricane Mommy Craft! |
| A preview ;) |
5. I also made a little art work for the playroom wall. I was really inspired by Lily's hand print and wanted to frame it. (Eventually I want to make a clay mold of her hand/foot!) This is what my inspiration churned out:
| "Where there is great love, there are always miracles." |
6. And last, but certainly not least, is the sweetest thing I ever made. And no, not talking about LB, but SWEETS! I made something sweet for the super bowl party we attended (where Lily did exceptional at, no tears at all even when we stayed out until 8pm!) I made s'mores cups (click the link for the recipe as it is not my own.) They were divine and I'm so glad I made a double batch because they were devoured! I used semi sweet chocolate chips since I only had half of a hersheys bar - from my emergency stash of chocolate! They were super easy to make and were great at room temperature but even better straight out of the oven - trust me!
| Little bites of heaven :) |
| Perfection! |


I am definitely going to check out that smores recipe...they look fabulous!!! The valentines look great and what an awesome handprint work of ART! props for that one!!!! Good luck with everything LB!!
ReplyDelete