I said yesterday that Den and I believe the "therapies" we're doing throughout the day are helping LB keep calm and not do the "excited face" as much. We still see it but at times that perhaps it's more...appropriate...you know like times when she is actually excited? Then we just say quietly, "calm down" and she seems to understand and visibly relaxes her face and muscles. I've snapped a few pictures of our therapies - which is a fancy way of referring to new fun things we do throughout the day that is supposed to help!
 |
| Picking up real cans and putting them into the cart ("heavy work") |
 |
| Pushing around full cart, also "heavy work" |
I also leaned the mattress up against the crib which we had done before. It needs to be supervised not only for accidental baby falls, but always because the mattress is not totally stable and likes to slip down. (LB thought it was fun after it slid down, of course!) This works on her strengthening her upper muscles (back, arms, chest.) OT said they were a little bit weak.
Cool story: Nana and I LB to the park this past weekend and she made her way over to the big kids playground. At Strickland park they have a climbing wall which is a green wall with holes in it. This is for big kids and what did LB do?
She climbed it.
By herself.
She even used her arms to pull herself up which before, she would have mostly used her legs.
It was incredible! She made it all the way up on her own and even pulled herself up to stand at the top. She attempted it again but made it half way. I was so, so, so proud! Proof that her hard work is paying off!!
And with more fun therapies comes more painting!!
 |
| LB remembered our last adventure with painting (hand prints!) |
 |
| This time I cut up an old sponge (after I microwaved the germs out) and let her have at it. |
 |
| Back to the paintbrush |
 |
| Dance and Music break! |
 |
| Thank goodness that paint was dried already! |
 |
| What a mess - but totally worth it!! |
 |
| The beautiful masterpiece! |
No comments:
Post a Comment