Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Go To Meal

I have a couple of "go to meals." These are the ones that I can whip up in less than 15 minutes. Something that is easy but healthy and delicious. This recipe is one of them:

Chicken Gyoza and Fried Rice


-The chicken Gyoza is brought to you by Trader Joe's! I actually snapped a picture of it this time:


(They also have some in pork but I have not tried those yet.)

These chicken potstickers are super easy to make and are packed with flavor! All you do is brown the bottoms in a bit of vegetable oil and then add a couple tablespoons of water, cover and steam for 5 minutes. How easy!?!
It was Lily's first time eating these and she LOVED them! Woo hoo!

The fried rice was also very easy and something that Dennis and I both love. I really like to do something simple (like the potstickers, or chicken fingers) and then add in something homemade. It makes dinner a bit more special.
Fried rice is also one of those dishes that you can put almost anything into, whatever you have in the fridge/.freezer! I like to pack it with vegetables to it's our starch and veggie side. The other night I added:
- Sliced carrots
- Frozen broccoli
- Frozen Peas
- Chopped onion
- One chopped garlic clove
- Left over jasmine rice (You could also microwave some frozen rice and throw it in to make it easy if you don't have leftover rice!)
- Soy sauce
- Lemon juice
- Egg
- Vegetable Oil

- Heat Vegetable oil. Add carrots and onion, saute. Add garlic and heat until perfumed. Add broccoli, peas, lemon juice, and then rice.
- I pat down the rice and then pour some soy sauce over top. Turn up heat and leave alone (good time to start the potstickers!)
- Flip rice in sections to brown the other side.
- Scoot rice to one side of the pan and scramble up the egg. Mix in with rice. DONE!

You might notice I didn't add measurements. This is one of those recipes that you just use your own judgment. Some days it needs more soy sauce, some times I'm craving more broccoli, sometimes I want more than one clove of garlic. It's just up to what you're taste buds tell you to do!

This was the finished product and there were no leftovers that night!


I serve with soy sauce for dipping ;) 

2 comments:

  1. ha!! This is our goto meal as well, but we prefer the pork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! And soy + honey + sirarchi for a dipping sauce

    ReplyDelete