Project Positive (I cannot really shorten it to "pp" since...well, you know) is an ongoing thing in my life and I hope to always make it an ongoing goal. It's not easy. Sometimes I go to bed thinking
who knew trying to be positive and happy would be so damn tiring?!
But then I am reminded of the times I saved myself from making a small problem into a bigger one. Or the time I took a deep breath instead of yelling at LB for something so trivial. The times I reminded myself that everything can be cleaned! Or the belief that it is just so much more tiring to be negative and upset. It really is! And it brings everyone else down and no one wants to be around you or to play with you. Seriously, LB went through this "no mommy" phase during the hardest part of the no-sleeping fiasco. I was exhausted and mean and of course, she didn't want to play with me! Daddy was much more fun! But now, so am I. And now, we play all day and I rarely get a "no mommy" anymore.
I've also implemented positivity in other aspects of my life, namely my nutrition and well being. I've never been a great fitness-guru or even one that would stick to a fitness plan but I have found that (as long as I'm getting some sleep) I can do at least a 30 minute work out every day. It makes me feel 10 times better. I like feeling sore the next day! It means I have done something, that I have made myself better. I also feel a bit more in control of my feelings and my body then before and it feels right.
I have been eating better. Now, I'm not saying that I don't still eat a handful of chips when I'm craving something salty but now I just ask myself, "Do you really need this?" And if the answer is "YES, get out of my fricking mind and give me some damn chips" it's probably that time of the month and I should never question myself again for the next 3-4 days, but if the answer is "no" then I reach for something different or nothing at all. Sometimes, like most women, I eat when I'm bored ;-)
I've also been trying lots of new recipes from pinterest! Zuchini chips, Broccoli cheddar soup, Balsamic glazed pork loin, garlicky oven fries!? I love it! I love being able to [easily] shake up my recipe box. I'm thinking of making a separate section of this blog for recipes/foods, what do y'all think?
On the LB front? We're both battling a cold so we're hanging out in jammies and drinking lots of water and my fridge is stocked with soups that I have been making all week. There is nothing I want more than a hot bowl of soup when I'm not feeling too great. It's still a bit challenging to get LB to eat soup but she loves some beef stew! Especially the potatoes, like her mama ;-)
I'll update more, with pictures, later but now LB is making a huge mess with cheerios and the laundry is calling my name. Hope everyone enjoyed the small amount of snow we got last night!! Wish it could've stuck around more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment