Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Life Update

I've started a few entries lately but I always stop myself. Do I really have anything to say?! 
Sometimes when things are going good I think that there's not much to say. For some reason I have a harder time putting good things down than I do with the bad. I think I feel the bad more intensely than I feel good so it's easier to write about the bad. Plus, when I'm in the middle of all this good I don't want to take the time to sit down and write about, I want to live it!

So with that introduction into my crazy mind, I will just give you a few bulletin points:

- We had LB's mobility evaluation last week and it went really well. Lily has an easy time showing Jane, GMP's mobility therapist, how well she can get around. Jane had set up a few "obstacle courses" for LB to transverse. She did it easily with the help of Jane's hand. She even found little beads along the way which Jane planted to see how observant Lily is. She only missed a few, mostly the yellow on yellow. She did show a few problems with depth  - which is always her biggest challenge. It most likely stems from the fact that she does not use both eyes at the same time.
She also showed an aversion to facing the sunshine outside. She seemed to turn her back from the sun or if she was facing the sun, she wouldn't be able to see things she normally would have seen in the shade (like beads on the ground.) So we will be buying a big sun hat for her and the next glasses we get might need to have transition lenses. 
I also spoke to Jane about how LB seems to seek out adult playmates more than other kids. We talked for a bit and it seems that LB might have a hard time seeing facial expressions. Adults are more likely to be overly enthusiastic to play which is easier for LB to read and kids pretty much have the same expression throughout play time. It makes sense. Also, adults are safer - they aren't going to pull on your glasses or run at you really fast. They're also great hand holders ;-) 
So basically more practice, practice, practice with the depth perception which has definitely helped. Stairs are easier now but in an unfamiliar environment she needs to be told where steps, slopes and surface changes are or there will be bruises and scuffed up knees later! 

- Lily is really into saying "sorry" lately and says it in response to almost anything. We're now trying to teach her the difference between accidents and on purpose actions and why we say sorry. She seems to get that you say sorry when you do something wrong but she says it over the littlest things (like dropping a toy.) It's pretty cute though.
She's also saying "Oh my goodness gracious" which makes my southern heart so proud (hahha)

- Sleep is...a work in progress, always. It was going great for a few weeks. We would put her down around 7 and take turns who reads to her and lays down with her each night. We read then lay down until she's asleep. It was taking 5-10 minutes and now it's back up to about 15 minutes. Now she's waking up almost every hour or so just crying out. We go in and give her the baba back and she's back out. I think part of it is she gets hot with the humidifier running and doesn't yet get that her blanket makes her hotter and if she just kicks it off, she'll be fine (when do kids get that!?) Another part is that she is gassy, no amount of mylicon or diet change can help this girl. I have never met a kid that is gassier than this one. It's funny during the day (c'mon, farts are funny.) but during the night it's painful and uncomfortable. Poor baby. 
She's also got a cold right now. We're scheduled to take her into the Dr today because this is the first cough she's really had. I thought at first it was allergies but it's pretty nasty now. 

- Our next hurdle? Taking away the baba. For real this time. We've got to get that thing away from her! We planned on doing it this weekend since we had nothing planned but now that she's sick we might have to push it back again. 

- As for me? I'm still working out (woohoo!) I can definitely tell a difference in my body and my mood when I work out and it feels awesome. Sometimes my work out can be difficult when it goes something like this:
10 pushups
change a diaper
10 jumping jacks
dance party with Lily who thinks "Mommy jumping!" is pretty cool
20 squats = Lily crawling through my legs
20 crunches = Lily sitting on my stomach and giving me hugs

It can be entertaining for sure but it doesn't make for the most efficient work out so I've tried to wait and do my work outs while LB naps - which yes, means I don't nap much anymore. 

I've also started selling Herbalife products . So if you're interested in losing weight and/or getting healthy the right way then contact me and we can talk - no obligations to buy anything, I actually like talking about it! It's pretty interesting stuff. 

1 comment:

  1. What a great post! I love seeing good news and happy mamas! Enjoy this nice time of life - you deserve it! :-)

    ReplyDelete