Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 22, 2012

My wish

I have a simple wish for today.

I wish that I could end each day like I am ending this one. With this overwhelming feeling that I have done everything in my power to make today the best that it could've been. Sure, we had some time outs, tantrums, rough patches - but I handled them. And I didn't let it get me down. And yes, I am absolutely exhausted, down to my bones tired.

But it feels so good! 

Maybe it's that Amy is coming home tomorrow. Or that I successfully made a homemade ho-ho cake for tomorrow's dinner (omg.) Or that I ALSO made homemade spinach-ricotta ravioli. Really, isn't life so much better with good food? And to continue with tooting my own horn, instead of taking a nap today, I worked out for an hour in between making the above cake. I'm sore and  I love it! 

This is the kind of exhaustion I could totally live with.

And I really deserve a cold glass of wine and TV time.
and perhaps a bite of the ho-ho cake. You know, just to make sure it really did come out delicious. 

1 comment:

  1. I was raging hormonal wench today so I'm glad that you had a good day...I really am!

    Enjoy your visit and the good food!

    ReplyDelete