Den and I took LB to her first baseball game yesterday! It was an exhibition game with the Carolina Mudcats and the Cleveland Indians. Den's family is from Cleveland so he's a big Indians fan.
LB did so good! She had a nice nap before the game. We dressed her in shorts and tank top to keep her cool. We were in the sun the first part of the game but luckily we got right in the shade at the end. It was a perfect day.
Just one little uh-oh. LB had 3 9oz cups before the game and was still asking for more. We were worried because this was when we were in the sun (It was only about 76 out but the sun was HOT) so we just kept giving her cold water. Well what would you expect but to have all those 27+oz come right back out of her like a real life betsy wetsy doll. Yep. She was sitting in her own seat thankfully (?) and I happened to look down and see a little puddle. No big deal. I wanted until Den got back with a drink and told him I need to take LB to the restroom but when I looked down again there was no puddle - it was a freaking river and it was headed right for the seats in front of us.
The lady next to us must not have ever had kids because she was staring at the river to Lily to us and back again in shock. Really, LB could just have had a bad accident with no diaper on (but she did have a pampers baby dry on that was completely saturated.) She didn't know that though. Her stares made it worse but I just shrugged my shoulders and smiled. I'd never see her again anyways. I ended up giving LB her ddavp a bit early since it was obvious she needed it and we didn't have anymore accidents after that.
But, the hot sun and the river of water-pee was almost enough to make me upset but again, we trucked on and I'm so glad we did because it turned out to be a beautiful day and a great memory we will cherish. Next baseball game is on the 28th at the Durham Bulls with our whole playgroup! How fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



That is such a precious photo of you and Lily! Love it!!
ReplyDelete