1. Cutting out the cheese seems to have helped. No screaming wake up's for LB since we've stopped. She did eat a little bit of cheese in the pizza quinoa bites last night but I figured she wouldn't eat enough of those to register a belly ache and luckily I was right.
She's not really drinking much soy milk so I'm trying to get the soy [or lactose free] yogurt into her and just picked up some soy cheese yesterday.
2. Finally took LB into the Dr yesterday. Last Monday when we got to the beach Lily had dry, red eyes and then lots of nasty, nasty goop in them. I was terrified it was pink eye but it wasn't as severe the next day. Then came the snot and the coughing and the waking every hour at night.
Turns out she has a virus that mimics strep :-( Poor baby has nasties on her throat and an ear infection. So she is on antibiotics which have already helped. Last night was the first calm night we've had in awhile!
3. Well....We got denied Lily's SSI again. I guess it's not really a surprise, again, but it still hurts nonetheless. We're going to contact a lawyer this go 'round and see if it's even worth the time to appeal.
THIS: http://www.ssa.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/109.00-Endocrine-Childhood.htm is why I keep fighting. I don't get how they can list these "endocrine disabilities" and still deny us. She has every freaking one on that list except for diabetes.
"When pituitary hypofunction affects water and electrolyte balance in the kidney and leads to diabetes insipidus, we evaluate the effects of recurrent dehydration under 106.00. "
That's just one example. They talk about growth hormone and hypothyroidism, and adrenal crisis. I really wonder if they totally overlook her diagnosis of "Panhypopituitarism" and just look at SOD and focus on the word and disability of being blind. We get it, she's not blind but she does have many medical conditions and all we want is a little bit of help with those and the medical bills that results from it.
Oi. That's all I need to say on that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


How frustrating about the SSI!
ReplyDeleteI was slightly irritated while watching Judge Judy the other day (oh, I'm embarrased to admit that I watch her but I LOVE her!) and there was this lady on there that receives SSI because she has arthritis in her hands. Here's the kicker, she's working as a caregiver to a disabled person and receiving disability benefits! So, people like her that are virtually cheating the system get approved but LB has been denied twice...
Sorry :(