It's looking like we'll need another sodium check sometime this week if things don't respond like we like. Dr. S and I both agree that we're anxious to see what a different endocinologist will say. We have an appointment set up with one at Wake Med in May. Dr. L was actually the doctor we saw when LB was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Dr. P took over when Lily has her seizure and was sent to UNC and we've been "stuck" with her ever since. She's a good doctor but I just don't think she's the best fit for us. We really want a second opinion too. I worry that perhaps the pill form of ddavp just doesn't work well for LB. I want other options and I know there are more ways to control her sodium out there. I hope Dr. L can help us with that.
Right now, along with the sodium, we are battling this mega cold. This has been Lily's first major cough and it sucks big time. Plus she has all this congestion and it just sits in her sinuses since she still does not know how to blow her nose. I will do a freaking happy dance when she learns how to do that! Right now she just blows out of her mouth when I try to teach her.
So sleep has been a pain in the bum this past weekend. Baby girl was up every hour, if not more, just crying out. Den and I did really well taking turns throughout the night which helped a lot. We learned that the vicks on the feet, covered in socks does not make LBs cough subside. We were pretty bummed about that. I wish there was something I could give her! Sudafed or cough syrup but there is nothing for babies out there. We just did her humidifier, tried to get some honey down her (not a fan of plain honey) and have been keeping her extra hydrated.
On top of all this, LB seems to really want to share her opinions lately and I guess the most effective way of telling us is with some screaming and loudly yelling "no! No! Noooo-aaaaaahhhhhh!!!!" Serious screaming. It makes my ears ring. I've tried not giving in. I've tried giving in (because she's sick and all...haha) I've tried yelling back. I've tried ignoring. I've tried time outs.
The only thing I know is that from the list above all and none work.
The only thing I know is that from the list above all and none work.
Confused? me too.
I think that the situation changes the way you should react to these tantrums. Take this morning. It was cold. LB is coughing. She's still wet from the morning pee-out. She's wanting more water. I want my coffee. She wants to bring her baba downstairs. thus begins tantrum screaming and No's so I gave in.
I think that the situation changes the way you should react to these tantrums. Take this morning. It was cold. LB is coughing. She's still wet from the morning pee-out. She's wanting more water. I want my coffee. She wants to bring her baba downstairs. thus begins tantrum screaming and No's so I gave in.
Pick your battles.
And she brought that baba down and didn't even use it so it wasn't even worth fighting over.
But yesterday when she threw her toys across the driveway because they didn't fit in a container and then proceeded to yell and scream when I tried to explain that they wouldn't fit - that warranted a time out.
And it worked. She calmed down and said sorry and we went back to playing just fine.
Motherhood is hard work, y'all!


Cooper doesn't know how to blow his nose, either! I asked his OT when kids normally start to do this and she said that some don't blow their noses until 5! We're still using saline and a bulb syringe at our house...
ReplyDeleteTantrums are normal and expected so you're right, pick your battles!