Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 12, 2012

*Pat Pat*'s on the back

I have a few happy things to post about this morning starting with....

1. Lily slept until 5:30 this morning!! I want to climb a mountain and shout it out to the world but really, I'll settle for posting about it on my blog and catching up on housework. I'm not sure if the low dose (.5mg) of melatonin did the trick or the fact that she slept for about 4 hours on and off yesterday. Whatever it is, I really hope it last. We'll be continuing the melatonin until we think she's over this hump and then we'll hopefully be able to take her off of it soon.
I've done my research though and it seems like A LOT of SOD kiddos are sleep problems and have to be on melatonin :-( Dr. P (endo) thinks that it could be something else off with her hypothalamus (kinda like the no sweating thing.) and it just makes me wonder what other kind of hurdles is this "brain abnormality" going to throw at us down the road? But for now, we will just take it on day at a time - one obstacle at a time.

2. I  have pretty successfully cloth diapered for 3 days in a row now without using disposables! Yes. Yes. Yes! I am so proud of myself, I'm bursting with joy - yes, over cloth diapers! Part of my success is due to Lily's DI finally being in a good spot that I'm able to CD at nap time AND night time. And another part is due to the new purchases I got over Xmas break. I ordered a few bumgenius 4.0 pockets that are awesome and easy for naptime and nighttimes. I stuff those babies with 2 microfibers and a hemp insert. At night I also layer it with a fleece liner so cleaning up her morning poo is easier (tmi. sorry!) I also got a kawaii heavy wetter diaper that I LOVE (besides the snaps) and want to get more of because they are less than $8 a diaper, super soft and super cute. I also ordered some bamboo and hemp inserts to help hold LBs heavier days over and so far there have been very few leaks in this house! Woo hoooooooooo

3. Which brings me to my 2012 "resolutions" or things that I would like to be better at for 2012. Yeah, I'm a bit late but really, the past few weeks have been like walking through fog and crawling through mud while being a sleep zombie so cut me some slack!
My 2011 resolution I have kept. That was eating at the table more and we eat at the table every night now. We also eat there for lunches and most mornings for breakfast. *pat myself on the back*
So this year, I would love to continue CDing and to be even better at it including 100% off disposables.
As always, I want to strive to be more patient. I want to always work at being a better wife and mother. I want to be there for my mom and sisters. I want to have my dad over for dinners. I want to teach Lily to swim this summer. I want to start walking more. I want to read more books (Though Den says I read plenty.)
Bottom line. I want and need to always work to be a better person each day. So 2012 can be about being the best wife, mother, sister, daughter, and friend. Good work cut out for me!

2 comments: