Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, January 9, 2012

Feeling Abnormally Normal

The weekend has recharged me. I feel like I can do this. The massage, haircut and night out really pumped me up and made me feel so much more normal again.

Then we got LB back from my moms. She had been up since 3:30am with no nap. She didn't nap until 2pm. I am calling Dr. S today and talking about giving melatonin at her 11pm med time. Maybe it can help. I pray that it helps. I have some hope left over from all the other disasters in our life, hope that this will work because nothing else has.
We let LB nap from 2-5 (with a brief interruption at 4 to give her late medicine!) We finally woke her up and she was absolutely miserable. Crying, Crying, Crying and wanting to go back to sleep. We were worried about her blood sugar though so we got her to eat some dinner and then we put her back to bed around 6:45.
Dennis has been AMAZING in helping out since my last breakdown. It helps because Lily is really attached to daddy right now and mommy just won't do (sad face!) He lays down with her on the floor and then creeps out when she's asleep. This can take up to 20 minutes and he is really, really patient with her. More patient that I am these days.

I decided yesterday that maybe I shouldn't nap during the day. Of course there are days that I cannot NOT nap but some days I do it just because I never know when I'll get those 2 hours of sleep again. But maybe I should be having my "me time" during her nap time. Catch up on my shows, read my book, lounge - things I do after she goes to bed at night.
And then when she's in bed - I'll also be ready for bed.
Last night I went to sleep at 8:30 and slept until her medicine time at 11:30. And Dennis gave the 11:30 meds so that I could stay in bed. We decided he can do that most nights while I get up with her so early in the morning. It seems to be working better.
And Lily ended up sleeping, and not waking, until....
3:30.
Ugh. I was really thinking she was catching up with some sleep there. But she did get up and play quietly until 5am so I was able to get some snippets of sleep there. And I was okay with getting up then. I'm determined to be happier and healthier and I'm trying my hardest to put bad-mommy-days behind me.
This is our life for now and if I've learned anything from SOD and our family - we're pretty adaptable when needed. So I can adapt to waking up at 4 or 5am for now.
But things do need to change. I just can't expect there to be one miracle thing that will work.

In the meantime. I'm calling Dr. S today to discuss melatonin. And I'm trying to find things to keep us busy this week. I'm about to take LB grocery shopping (at 6 in the morning!!) and then to kidventurez to see all her playgroup buddies. Hopefully it'll tucker her out for an earlier nap and we can let her sleep for as long as she wants again.
Wednesday we have Marbles with GMP.
I'll probably see if my neighbor wants to get together for an outdoor playdate one day this week. And then we'll have a cleaning/laundry day...It's days like this when I'm trying to grasp at any activities I can to make life easier for me LB that I really, really wish we had a second car!

No comments:

Post a Comment