We've had a lot going on recently so I haven't been able to write about Lily's first (of many) NC State games this past weekend! It was a noon game, against Boston College. We were 4-1. It was a little cool in the morning so we were able to use Lily's new jacket :) But then, Lordy, it got HOT! I was worried about that. Even though it's mid-October, this is NC, and it's still warm. Well, I was very happy with how well she did at the tailgate, which was about 2.5 hours long. She was fine being passed around, had lunch out there and everything. But, I could tell she was exhausted by the time we were ready to go into the game.
Well, we headed for out seats and Lily did so well with the noise and crowd! I really wasn't worried too much about that but I was happy that it wasn't a problem. But, by the time we got to our seats it was SO hot out and Lily was SO tired, she just laid her head on my shoulder (which with so much going on around us was a little alarming.) We lasted all of 5 minutes into the 1st quarter before I had to take her up in the shade of the stands. She perked right back up but then I had the task of holding and carrying her about for all of the 1st quarter before Dennis came up and we headed back to the car. She was so tired and hot by then that we just took her home. She ended up falling asleep right in the car and I was even able to transfer her from the car seat to the crib without waking her (that's how tired she was!)
I was pretty impressed with how she did overall. I wish we wouldn't have had to go to the tailgate - even though that's usually my favorite part - but then she would've had more energy to spend during the game. Oh well, live and learn! And next year she will be 18+ months so it will be a bit more fun, I think!


No comments:
Post a Comment