Well, Our night 1 of using the Ferber method has been a pretty good success! Lily got up around 1am and I went in, hugged her and then told her goodnight again. I followed the whole process and she was back asleep, on her own, in about 10 minutes! I did have to get her up around 4:30 (the 30 extra minutes was for me!) for her medicine and to eat. She was actually pretty hungry but fell right back asleep. I didn't want to wake her up just to follow the procedure again but I wasn't trying to keep her asleep while putting her down either. But, she ended up staying asleep after eating and slept until 7am :) And she was in a good mood when she woke up!
I call that a success!
Now, we will have to try it with naps today. I think I can do it now that I know it works. Since she was up at 7, I was thinking of trying for a nap no later than 10. We also have Sue, our OT coming again today (and every Monday after, now) and Dee, our visual therapist and teacher from GMP coming right after that at 1. She's coming to go over LB's developmental assessment with me.
Busy Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment