1. 10 months later and LB finally has a tooth! Yes. Her top front tooth finally broke through! Annnnd, the one right beside it is already on it's way to breaking through too! I see the white and I feel it already. She'll be a cute little rabbit for awhile :) Usually babies get their bottom teeth first but of course, Lily likes to make her own path in life ;)
2. Night sleeping is going very well. It is no long stressful to put her to sleep at night. She may cry for a couple of minutes but she's usually out before I descend the stairs which is such a blessing now. And she's pretty much sleeping through the night. When she does wake up crying, she usually gets back to sleep on her own. Sometimes she gets up close to when I have to get her up to eat/medicine so it's not such a hassle.
3. We pushed her bedtime up to 7pm (instead of 8) which has been helping, I think. Though regardless of when she goes to bed she is ALWAYS up at 6am on. the. dot. She's scarily accurate with that!
4. Naps are not going so great. She is napping in my arms but only for about 30 minutes. And she'll fall asleep in the car if we're out (usually right when we get to where we're going...of course.) I'm trying to just try for two naps a day and not get too frustrated when she doesn't go down.
This morning I was so tired so I decided I'd put her down after breakfast, earlier than I usually do, and just go lay in bed for a bit while she cried or played in her crib. Bad mommy? I didn't care, I was TIRED and I knew she'd be on the go all day. So I rocked her for about 15 minutes with a paci. She was tired so I knew I was doing the right thing even if she decided not to sleep. I put her down and walked out. 15 minutes later she was asleep and slept for 45 minutes. I just think I have a short napper.
I am counting my blessings though. Before I had told myself that I would take a baby that slept through the night over one that naps. I've got that now! So, I can't complain.
5. Eating has been going better. Last week was a NIGHTMARE. I was close to tears at every meal. My mom had to take over for a few. Lily would turn her head and refuse to eating anything, even purees! I felt like we were taking 20 steps back. My baby that used to eat so well was gone and I felt so confused!
But we worked some things out and mixed some things up and luckily she started eating better again. Sue came yesterday and was VERY impressed with how improved Lily is doing! Her mouth is moving more with every bite and she's even keeping it closed while not eating. She's talking more and moving food around her mouth.
Right now we're working on getting her to gum the mushed up food so she doesn't get in the habit of trying to swallow chunks whole like she does with purees. Sue wants us to try some kind of pancake/biscuit/muffin sometime this week. I'm a little nervous about it but also excited. We're going to try pancakes topped with a loose applesauce/apple juice mix to help break down the bread a little bit.
6. Speaking of food, she tried real cheese this past weekend! We were at my dads and I was eating a piece of cheese. She kept leaning forward to get some so I decided to let her try a very small piece. She moved it all around her mouth and leaned forward for more! I was so impressed! I gave her a little bit more but didn't want to push it. Sue was really impressed with that too because it's showing she's a little more interested in food because she wasn't hungry when she leaned for the cheese. She was curious! It made me so happy :)
Lily is into everything lately so I have to cut this update short so I can chase after her...again. I hope everyone else is doing wonderfully!


No comments:
Post a Comment