Last week was a doozy for me. I literally cried to anyone, I don't think I can last 5 more weeks like this! It was part exhaustion, part "I'm over this" and part holiday-blues. I'm not usually a bah-hum-bug girl but between all the BHC (UGH!) and baby sister acting like she still has all the room in the world - I was just done. Baby sister's movements have gone from super cute, reassuring and funny to (I hate to even say this, but I'm so truthful it hurts sometimes) annoying :( and painful. She is so strong and has not slowed her roll at all - literally.
BUT- There is a light at the end of the tunnel! I have one month left. Or less. And luckily the crazy nesting bug has hit me full force this week [so far!] I've forgotten how awesome this kind of energy is. No matter how many times I am up peeing or having BHC in the middle of the night I have been raring to go and knock things off my to-do lists.
I have to be careful for a few things:
1. I get really frantic - like "I NEED TO WASH ALL THE THINGS" frantic which would be fine if it wasn't accompanied by "BAKE ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING" and "ALL THOSE DIY PROJECTS NEED TO BE DONE NOW!"
2. I sometimes forget that I'm almost 9 months pregnant and need to slow down. I've been trying to intermix my stand-up projects with my sit-down projects. It didn't work out to well yesterday and I was miserable last night with SUPER swollen legs so today I made a bigger effort.
And ultimately, I started this blog post because I wanted to brag (honestly.) What did I get done today?
1. Made Thank You cards
2. Made wool dryer balls (I made 2, still have 2 more to make)
3. Started the big project of prepping all the new diapers! (which will lead to finally organize my cloth diapers!)
4. Made homemade french bread
5. Made baked ziti
6. Washed laundry
7. Made a little art work for baby sister's room (Y'all made fun of me for wanting to frame a gift bag but it looks awesome!!)
8. Took LB to and from school
Baby Sister's room still looks like this but I will make progress. I still need to pack the hospital bag more thoroughly and buy a few more things off my many "lists" but so far, so good! Let's hope this energy lasts...the slumps have sucked lately - really.



No comments:
Post a Comment