Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Question 15

"Describe when you knew your spouse was 'the one'" 

My mom could answer this one for you. According to her the first time she met Dennis, which was at a NCSU football game tailgate, I introduced him,
"Mom, this is Dennis." She nodded and smiled but was clearly distracted until I emphasized, "No, mom, this is Dennis." 
To be honest, I kind of remember this, but I'm not totally sure I knew then that he was the one. I knew he was special. He was (and is) supportive and patient with me, especially when I was a wild and rambunctious sophomore in college - probably one is my most outrageous years. He put up with a lot, bless his heart. But he seemed to know not to push change in me - to let me find my own way. I'm not sure he knew he was doing that, but looking back it is certainly what he did. 

And I guess I could also say that I knew that he was the one when I missed him. When I couldn't wait to talk to him and share my day with him, when the thought of being without him or losing him was too much to even imagine. I knew the summer after we met when I visited my dad in Singapore and all I could think about was getting home to him, or wishing he was sharing this experience with me. It's like realizing that you're thoughts and feelings are more dull without that person, my husband, to share them with. 



No comments:

Post a Comment